Dr. Sümer Zeynep Karabey, Kusadasi Aydin, Turkey
It gives me great pleasure to report, at this year’s Congress, on the results of a nationwide study conducted in Turkey.
But first let me tell you a little about myself: after handing over to a colleague the Berlin GP practice I had run for 15 years under the state insurance scheme, I decided to return to my homeland and go back to my roots, as it were. My husband and I represent Regumed in Turkey. I also work three days a week in my general medical practice. My assistant and I treat approximately 50 patients per week almost exclusively with bioresonance using two BICOM® BICOM optima® devices.
Bioresonance is becoming increasingly popular in Turkey. This is mainly as a result of successful treatment of satisfied patients and their relatives. Around 100 practices nationwide are now equipped with bioresonance devices. Several universities have stated they are prepared to conduct clinical trials, for which Regumed has provided demo devices free of charge.
I should once again like to express my thanks to the company for this generous support. Many thanks! We will, of course, report back as soon as concrete results are available. All the studies require the consent of the Turkish Ethics Committee before they are conducted. Some studies have already received this and have begun. One study group has registered the study with the committee and is waiting for the green light.
This now brings me at last to the actual theme of my presentation. In early 2011 we (or rather, several therapists who regularly attend our training courses in
Turkey) began two studies. One dealt with gluten enteropathy and the other covered a method of treating the autism spectrum. Both studies were completed in December so I should like to present the second of them to you here.
Much has been written in the German- speaking world about the autistic disorders group. For those interested, I have listed some publications (see Literature). Here is just a brief overview.
Current state of research
Autism is classified by the World Health Organisation as a pervasive developmental disorder. Current diagnostic criteria distinguish between early infantile autism (Kanner’s syndrome) and Asperger syndrome. The latter is often only evident once the child reaches the age of three (see Annex 1). However many doctors now suspect the existence of a so-called autism spectrum (autism spectrum disorder), which recognises varying degrees of severity. This is the reason for the title of my presentation although the study only deals with early infantile autism.
The symptoms and individual manifestations of autism are many and varied. They can range from slight behavioural problems which are borderline normal (sometimes mistaken for “shyness”) to severe mental handicap. Impaired social behaviour is a common feature of all autistic disabilities (see Annex 2).
The principal characteristic symptom of autism is difficulty communicating with other people (1st and 2nd diagnostic criteria). Likewise, stereotypical or ritualised patterns
of behaviour (3rd diagnostic criteria) are being investigated as a characteristic symptom in all types of autism. Autistic people display fundamental differences to non-autistic people in their processing of sensations and in their perceptual and intellectual performance. The different manner in which they perceive the world is a characteristic symptom of autism which is
also being investigated. What is particularly striking here is that these children generally have a remarkable attention to detail and often do not grasp the broad overview.
As to the causes of this disorder I should like to refer to the work and experience of Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt whose work actually gave me the incentive to start this study.
Dr. Klinghardt has been working with autistic children and their families in the USA for many years and cites the following chief causes:
• Genetic polymorphism, which affects the enzymes that remove toxins from the body. Children who are affected are unable to eliminate these harmful substances. The hidden causes are environmental contamination on the part of the parents and that acquired through the womb. Biochemical anomalies, e.g. a mitochondrial disorder relating to glutathione metabolism, exist in most children.
• Chronic infections affect the immune system and attack the brain. Over 80% of autistic children test positive for Lyme disease with the Western blot test. Many of the children have viral loads and fungal infestations and their urine tests positive for highly pathogenic fungal toxins and Clostridia toxins. The children often have parasites and most of their symptoms are caused by these. Some have larval stages of the parasites in their lungs and even in the brain.
• Autistic children have been exposed to stronger electromagnetic radiation in the womb than healthy children; a root cause leading to genetic and epigenetic changes. The protective function of the blood-brain barrier is damaged by electromagnetic radiation so that toxins, pathogens and harmful substances enter the brain unchecked.
• In the most common form of autism, the regressive form, children are healthy and relatively normal for 18 to 20 months. Most of them fall ill within a few days, sometimes even hours, of a vaccination. Thiomersal (mercury), the vaccine preservative, is chiefly held responsible for this. (This additive is no longer contained in vaccines in Germany but is probably still customary in Turkey). Heavy metals build up, especially in the fatty tissue or in organs with a high fat content, in particular the brain which consists of approx. 70% fatty tissue. This situation is the result of the abovementioned genetic inability to eliminate heavy metals due to glutathione deficiency. Consequently many authors advocate glutathione supplements as a treatment for autism. Straightforward blood, urine and hair analyses for heavy metals in autistic persons are erroneously misconstrued due to the paradoxically low heavy metal content. Following oral administration of so-called chelates, enabling excretion of heavy metals for the first time, heavy metals are increasingly excreted and can be detected in the urine in high concentrations.
• One possible explanation of autistic personality changes is a permeable intestine (intestine permeability). Because the intestine is permeable, excessively large molecules enter the blood in a chemical composition which is abnormal. In the ensuing metabolisation process, the metabolism reacts excessively, similarly to with allergies. By-products of this include caseomorphine and peptide, for example, which reach the brain through the blood producing a similar effect to drugs. The idea of devising a special diet (for each individual) which generally involves casein and gluten-free food has brought considerable success in treating these children and is almost always recommended.
• Children in the autistic disorders group are not the product of psychologically disturbed parents. There are, however, connections from the family system which favour the development of neurological diseases: forebears’ unresolved emotional conflict and trauma can manifest themselves in the child’s personal realm, making it receptive to all the triggers mentioned above.
Looking at this list of causes, an experienced BICOM® therapist immediately has the brilliant idea of intervening here as a therapist!
For, amongst other things, BICOM® can support metabolism and the excretory organs, eliminate toxins and vaccinations. It has programs to combat electromagnetic radiation and is able to reveal and to treat chronic infections and allergies or intolerances.
And so that is what I did.
Details of the study
Nine doctors I BICOM® therapists and 38 children aged between four and twelve took part in the study. All had been officially diagnosed with “autistic developmental disorder”.
To achieve standardisation as regards cited symptoms, we developed a point scale whereby parents (generally the mother) assessed each symptom on the list on a scale of 1 to 10. Accordingly the children were evaluated as follows: 1 = normal development, no difference to peers, and
10 = most severe developmental disorder imaginable. The children were monitored in two surveys, the first after eight therapy sessions and the second after the 16th session.
Before beginning therapy, the doctors all sent me blood samples taken from the children for digital testing. All the tests and therapies were carried out free of change by all the doctors. The parents signed a declaration of consent containing all the details of the study and explaining bioresonance. For ethical reasons there was no negative control.
In all the programs listed amplification and therapy time were determined individually by testing (usually with the bio-tensor).
Children in this disease group are generally very restless and it takes a good deal of time and patience to win their trust and for them to permit therapists to treat them. Initially, running just the DMI (dynamic multi impulse packs) on the “Attenuate” setting for approx. 10 minutes via the modulation mat proved effective. Often one or two sessions took place solely applying this treatment step until the therapies listed below could be deployed. The treatments with just DMI were not counted as full therapy sessions.
The blood tests indicated the following problems (in %):
The therapeutic procedure involved the following:
Results of the study
(see graphic in Annex 4)
The following symptoms I special characteristics were cited and evaluated:
1 = no difference to peers,
10 = most severe developmental disorder imaginable. Average data.
The positive results in terms of motor development and absence of stereotypical behaviour patterns are particularly striking. The children’s impaired relationships with their peers was the area where we had least success. With time the social environment will probably gradually adapt to the development of the autistic child and potential for development can definitely be anticipated in this area. For children are generally looked after in special groups and have limited contact with healthy children of a similar age, other than their brothers and sisters.
I should like to describe two particular cases to finish.
Cem A., aged 8
I can still recall this boy (a patient of my colleague Dr. Hasan Ilkehan). Unfortunately he has not been included in the study statistics as his treatment was not yet completed. Dr. Ilkehan is a paediatrician in a Turkish state hospital in a suburb of Istanbul. He also works part-time as a BICOM® therapist. The child Cem A. displayed all the autistic characteristics listed above to a greater or lesser extent and attended a special school. The boy made increasing progress with each BICOM® session. But one amazing development which rendered the mother virtually speechless (in Turkish we say: almost swallowed the little tongue) was the vast improvement in the child’s reading, to almost genius level. Since he had begun attending school this boy had never been able to read more than half a page at one go. After the twelfth BICOM® therapy session, according to the mother, he read aloud
63 (!) pages without interruption and with virtually no mistakes. He understood what he was reading and was able to experience pleasure doing so.
(treated according to the abovementioned scheme):
– Cow’s milk and wheat intolerance
– Geopathic stress, scar interference fields (navel, chin, head left parietal), temporomandibular joint block, laterality
– Pathogenic infections: Candida, cytomegaly, Herpes, Streptococci, Ascarides
– Heavy metal contamination:
lead, mercury, aluminium
– Complications from vaccinations:
mumps, measles, rubella (MMR)
Sude K., aged 5
The child Sude K. was included in the study by Dr. BOlent TOtOncO. Dr. TOtOncO is a heart surgeon who gave up his hospital work in 2011 and has since been working full-time as a BICOM® therapist. He has treated many autistic children and has also made a big contribution to the study. After completing BICOM® therapy Sude was assessed by a child psychiatrist as capable of attending a normal pre-school. The child had previously been recommended by the same doctor to attend a special institution for mentally handicapped children.
(treated according to the abovementioned scheme):
– Cow’s milk and wheat intolerance
– Geopathic and electromagnetic stress, cervical sympathetic trunk block, scar block (navel)
– Pathogenic infections: Candida, Epstein
Barr virus, Streptococci, tapeworms
– Heavy metal contamination: mercury
– Complications from vaccinations: MMR
Many thanks to my two colleagues for allowing me to tell you about their work.
Thank you for listening and I hope I have encouraged you all to treat children in the autistic disorders group.
1. Attwood, Tony: Ein ganzes Leben mit dem Asperger-Syndrom. Alle Fragen – alle Antworten [A whole life with Asperger syndrome. All the questions – all the answers]. TRIAS, Stuttgart 2008
2. Frith, Uta: Autismus. Ein kognitionspsychologisches Puzzle [Autism. A puzzle of cognitive psychology]. Spektrum, Heidelberg, etc. 1992, p. 49-51
3. PehlivantOrk, B. et al.: Attachment in autistic children, Turk Psikiyatri Derg. 2004
4. Klinghardt, Dietrich: Lehrbuch der Psycho-Kinesiologie [Psycho-kinesiology manual], Institute for Neurobiology, 2008
5. Klinghardt, Dietrich, Schmeer-Maurer, Amelie: Handbuch der Mentalfeld-Techniken
[Manual of mental field techniques], VAK Verlags GmbH, 2010
6. Klinghardt, Dietrich: Autismus und neueste Informationen zur Heilung entwicklungsgestorter Kinder – HintergrOnde, Einsichten und biologische Behandlung [Autism and the latest information on healing children with impaired development – background, insights and biological treatment], working script for presentation on 17-19
November 2010, Berlin, Institute for Neurobiology according to Dr. Klinghardt (INK)
7. Klinghardt, Dietrich: Autismus, LernstOrungen und Verhaltensauffiilligkeiten bei Kindern [Autism, learning disabilities and behavioural abnormalities in children], live recording seminar November 2009 Berlin, Institute for Neurobiology according to
Dr. Klinghardt (INK)
8. Mutter, Joachim: Amalgam Risiko fUr die Menschheit [Amalgam risk for mankind], Fit fOrs Leben Verlag, 2008
9. Mutter, J., Naumann, J., Schneider, R., Walach, H., Haley, B. (2005): Mercury and autism: Accelerating Evidence? In: Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26I5
10. Mutter, J., Naumann, J., Schneider, R., Walach, H., Haley, B. (2006): Quecksilber und Autismus: Zunehmende Beweise? [Mercury and autism: increasing evidence?]
In: Umwelt-Medizin-Gesellschaft 19I1, p. 77-84
11. Kern, Peter: Amalgam – das schleichende Gift [Amalgam – the insidious poison], VAK Verlags GmbH, 2010
12. Hellinger, Bert: Loves’s Hidden Symmetry, Zeig Tucker & Co., 1998
13. Baklayan, Alan E.: Parasiten – die verborgene Ursache vieler Erkrankungen [Parasites – the hidden cause of many diseases], 1999
14. Rimland, Bernard: Vaccines, Autism and Childhood Disorders: Crucial Data That Could Save Your Child’s Life
15. Glessner et al. (2009): Autism genome-wide copy number variation reveals ubiquitin and neuronal genes. In: Nature 459, 569-573.
16. Wakefield, Andrew J. Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines: The Truth Behind a Tragedy. Skyhorse, 2010
17. Mirella Dapretto et al.: Understanding emotions in others: mirror neuron dysfunction in children with autism spectrum disorders. Nature Neuroscience, 4 December 2005
18. Verstraeten T. et al.: Safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a two-phased study of computerized health maintenance organization databases. Pediatrics. 112(5),
2003, p. 1039-1048
19. Hviid A et al.: Association between thimerosal-containing vaccine and autism. JAMA. 290(13), 2003, p. 1763
20. Miller E: Measles-mumps-rubella vaccine and the development of autism. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 14(3), 2003, p. 199-206
21. Spiegel Online: Das offizielle Ende eines Impf-Skandals [The official end of a vaccination scandal], 3 February 2010.
22. Britischer Autismus-Arzt erhiilt Berufsverbot [British autism doctor struck off]. Spiegel online, 24 May 2010
In the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) early infantile autism is classified as a pervasive developmental disorder and described by the following diagnostic criteria:
NUTRIENT POINT SYSTEM ACCORDING TO SISSI KARZ
The points indicated by an arrow tested weak and were treated with the corresponding program numbers (see program manual).
Output: = button applicator on nutrient point
Input: = hand applicator in contralateral hand
Results of the study of the autistic spectrum (38 cases)
The following symptoms I special characteristics were cited and evaluated:
(1 = no difference to peers, 10 = most severe developmental disorder imaginable). Average data.