Many products that we come into contact with regularly may contain ingredients that could potentially be harmful and lead to serious health problems. Chemicals can enter the body through inhalation, ingestion or contact with the skin. They can also be transferred in utero. A lack of funding often prevents new products from being thoroughly tested for safety before they are released to be sold. In addition, many people are exposed to toxic substances at their work place, for example, farmers come into regular contact with fertilisers, pesticides and insecticides. Air pollution is a serious problem, especially in winter when fumes are being released from home heating systems. Furniture and carpets can release chemicals vapours into the home for years and fumes from vehicles, cooking gas and plastics can also be toxic. Clothing, cleaning products, perfumes and office products also contain harmful chemicals that are inhaled. Toxins are also found in cosmetics, sanitary products and toilet paper that has been dyed. Even drinking water is contaminated with toxic fluorides, which are industrial wastes. Certain deficiencies or problems with the absorption of vitamins and minerals may make a person more susceptible to being sensitive to substances in their environment.
Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) is found in many toothpastes and shampoos and can cause cataracts and damage the skin and hair follicles; sodium laureth sulphate can disrupt hormones, increasing cancer risk and possibly compromising fertility. Make-up, face cream and cleansers can contain propylene glycol, which can damage the skin, causing rashes and dryness, as well as potentially harming the liver and kidneys. Talc and Diethanolamine (DEA) are found in cosmetics, skin lotions and other products and can cause cancer. Animal collagen, elastin and mineral oil as well as foundation ingredients bentonite and kaolin, can suffocate the skin. Mouthwashes containing alcohol could contribute towards cancers in the mouth, tongue and throat. Aluminium, which has been linked to Alzheimer’s, is found in aeroplanes, prosthetics, and other products including antiperspirants. Plastic food and drink containers made from Bisphenol A (BPA) can increase the risk of developing diabetes and interfere with the endocrine system. Hairsprays use fluorocarbons as a propellant, which can irritate the upper respiratory tract; the aerosol propellant propane is flammable and may affect a person’s mood or behaviour when in large quantities. Herbicides and pesticides can cause a vast range of symptoms from skin irritation to respiratory problems, digestive disorders and damage to the central nervous system. Various solvents can cause problems such as skin irritation, central nervous system problems and depressed cardiovascular and immune system function.
BICOM® Programs to be Used
|Detoxification mucous membranes||4||999.2||28|
|Silica point 17.1||4||825.0||71|
|Vitamin B1 point 1.1||5||805.0||84|
|Methionine point 11.2||3||522.4||52|
|CO2 point 15.2 |
Arsenic point 30.0
Supplements to take
To avoid the side effects that can result from chemical exposure, it would be beneficial to avoid using cosmetics and other products that contain potentially harmful substances. Rather, products that don’t contain any suspected carcinogens should be used. If possible, unnecessary chemical exposure, for example to insecticides, perfumes and mouthwash, is to be avoided. A clean diet that is filled with plant-based foods rather than fast food and microwave meals will reduce the amount of chemicals being consumed. Fruit and vegetables should be washed to help reduce traces of pesticides. Nutritional supplementation may put a person in a better position to be able to detoxify naturally and avoid toxicity overload. Also, food and drink containers that don’t contain toxic products should be used and plastic should be avoided, where possible. Ensure adequate ventilation at home to reduce formaldehyde and benzene exposure and consider having plants inside. (https://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-environmental-toxin)
Experiences and case studies
One patient had been bothered by severe facial reddening for 20 years. BICOM® testing revealed that he was suffering from acute stress cause by the wood preserver Xyladecor, which he had used to paint the garage door when he was 14-years-old. Although after using the preserver, he had been very ill for a week, this wasn’t suspected to be the cause at the time. After 2 bioresonance sessions, the reddening had disappeared and his face had gained a normal skin colour. (https://bioresonance.com/extreme-skin-reddening-on-the-face-for-20-years/)